Staging and Shipping Technician
The Art and Science of the Customer Experience
Netfor provides worry-free customer care for business consumers and technology users. Customers engage with Netfor by phone, email, social media, and online chat to receive world-class customer service, help desk support, order fulfillment, and field services.
Founded in 1995, Netfor supports tens of thousands of customers at businesses in more than 6,000 locations across the U.S., Europe, Mexico, and Canada.
OUTLINE OF ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Connects devices to a network switch and performs deployments and provisioning using a technical guide. Pick, pack, and ship equipment based on supplied documentation from clients. Provides hard disk wiping and re-imaging related services using a technical guide and established procedures. Documents shipment tracking information and escalates according to established standard operating procedures. Also, reviews requests and contact customers to clarify shipping request, ensuring all necessary information is included and may route requests to the appropriate department. Relies on instructions, installation scripts, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Must be able to work with minimum supervision. This position is located at our Fishers, Indiana headquarters
This position is located at our Fishers, Indiana headquarters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Packing, picking, and shipping experience is preferred but not required.
- Basic technical writing ability and experience using call ticketing software is a plus.
- Basic troubleshooting and diagnostic skills to quickly and effectively resolve networking and software problems.
- Must be an independent, motivated worker, an innovative self-starter. Must be confident and flexible.
- Ability to follow procedures and policies using written guides and knowledgebase
- Ability to lift boxes and items weighing up to 25 lbs regularly.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience supporting Windows Desktop PCs and peripherals preferred but not required.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
Knowledge & Work Experience:
- Comp TIA A+ or equivalent certification preferred.
$16-$18 an hour depending on experience and technical aptitude.
Netfor offers a great PTO plan (can accrue up to 76.96 hours/year within the first year), 401k, health insurance, dental, optical, onsite mini-mart, and occasional onsite meals and activities, great outdoor walking trails, onsite video games.
Full Time Second Shift Monday-Friday On-Site in Indianapolis, Indiana
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Netfor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Netfor, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
Netfor, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for work visas.